I'm siting at that coffee house again...but this time i'm on the front porch. It's peaceful. I'm seated four steps from the street on a plastic green chair, that seems to buckle under the pressure I put on it. Then there is this half white table, cut to fit along side the railing; this too wobbles but in my case that's probably just because of the weight my mind brings to the table. My mind sometimes is thinking so much that i can't simply enjoy what I'm doing or focus on what's before me. So that puts me here four steps up from the street on a green chair in front a white table to get focused before I go to church tonight.
Church is every sunday evening at 6. i like the service b/c it is one in which God is not forgotten about. The focal point of our service is the Lord and the climax is His Supper. There seems to be much reverence in these services. In spite of my brief fling with Our Lady (of the Greenwood Roman Catholic Church), it was from her (i use "her" as a play on the personification of "Our Lady" in the previous sentence) I first learned to encounter God with reverence. And encounter Him we did, with fear and silence. If true encounter can
co-exist with fear... Either way it was the ways of reverence she taught. My participation in the great community, that is the community church of Greenwood, taught me to approach the King with confidence. Now I'm here in Knoxville stilling my mind that I may encounter the Living God. And this encounter will be with stillness, reverence, and love. church is in 52 min with a group of fellow believers. i like the body of believers i am learning to associate with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment